MSDN Archive Home
Help and FAQs
Document Designer Editor Sample Deep Dive
All Resource Updates
Change History (all pages)
Deep Dive document download for the Document Designer Editor sample included in the VS SDK.
This sample demonstrates how to create a custom editor providing a view for an XML file. The designer view implemented here is compatible with the built-in XML Editor of Visual Studio. That means both editors can be open at the same time.
After reading this deep dive you will become familiar with the following concepts:
• How to provide a designer view for an existing document
• What is required to enable the View Designer command for a project item
• How to associate a file type by its extension with a custom editor
• How can an editor factory create a document view using a TextBuffer document data
• How to create an editor pane for a designer view
• How to synchronize the primary and the designer views of an editor
This is an advanced sample that assumes you are familiar with Visual Studio packages and their registration. It is recommended that you read the Editor with Toolbox Sample deep dive before this paper. The Simple View Editor deep dive also provides additional details related to custom editors.
Mar 24 2009 at 9:18 PM
, version 2
Sign in to add a comment
Document Designer Edit...
Tue Mar 24 2009 at 7:00 AM
Related Resource Pages
VSX Home on Code Gallery
More Tags ...
Visual Studio 2005
Visual Studio 2008
Visual Studio 2010
Manage Your Profile
MSDN Flash Newsletter
© 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.