MSDN Archive Home
Help and FAQs
Microsoft Media Platform Video Editor (formerly RCE)
All Resource Updates
Change History (all pages)
: This site contains archived releases of the Microsoft Media Platform Video Editor (formerly RCE). To access the latest ones, please refer to:
Microsoft Media Platform Video Editor 2.1:
Smooth Streaming Manifest Generator library:
The Microsoft Media Platform Video Editor (MMP Video Editor) simplifies the editing and publishing process, enabling real-time, browser-based video editing, and providing the ability for publishers to improve collaboration, manage dynamic metadata and deliver exciting content to the Web. MMP Video Editor provides media organizations with a lightweight, Web-based tool that editors anywhere can use to assemble and edit video, audio, images, and XAML overlays with time code accurate control. Powered by Microsoft Silverlight, the MMP Video Editor provides a rich, stutter-free, full-screen editing experience. The MMP Video Editor has an open and extensible architecture, and it can be integrated into any digital asset management (DAM) and any encoding/ transcoding system that an organization is already using.
Below are a few of the benefits offered by Microsoft Media Platform Video Editor solution from Microsoft:
• Streamlines the movement of audio and video content from the source to any distribution platform including the Web.
• Cost effective - MMP Video Editor is a free download that runs in a browser, so any organization in need of a rough cut editing tool can quickly and cost-effectively deploy it to the individuals in the organization who need it.
• Provides the ability for editors to interact with the MMP Video Editor from anywhere through browsers running on any PC or Macintosh system.
• Enables editors to move long form video assets through Web-based editors and publish to Web sites within seconds.
• During the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, broadcasters using the MMP Video Editor were able to reduce the time to create new assets such as highlight clips from real-time footage and move them to the Web in only 20 percent of the time it took when using previous processes and tools.
• Training time associated with the MMP Video Editor is minimal, too: In preparation for the Vancouver Winter Olympics, 50 editors learned how to use the MMP Video Editor in just three hours.
Sep 30 2013 at 8:07 PM
, version 13
Mar 20 2010 at 6:04 PM
Looking forward to the source. Thanks Aseel!
Mar 23 2010 at 10:51 AM
Hi There, do you have an eta on the source code and also is there continued work on a next version?
Mar 30 2010 at 1:24 PM
Hi, the tool looks promising.
Can we have a more detailed Installion Guide with extra information on the setting.xml. The existing doc is not very helpful on that part for someone trying to get familiar with RCE.
Also, any kind of information regarding CMS integration and API's are welcome
Mar 30 2010 at 10:12 PM
Thanks for your comments. We will publish a new version of the installation guide soon. Regarding the development guidance (integration and API), it will be published with the source code.
Apr 9 2010 at 9:01 AM
When will the source be available?
Apr 11 2010 at 4:24 AM
The source code is now available.
Jul 1 2010 at 8:02 PM
Stavo proprio cercando questa soluzione.
Feb 18 2011 at 4:38 AM
Hi Mr Ezequiel Jadib,
As a Microsoft customer, i fell that RCE lack of support for installation guide and integration guide with existing microsoft solution such as Sharepoint. Could you please help ..
May 28 2011 at 10:38 AM
Can RCE be implemented as a silverlight app for Windows Phone 7/ Mango? This would be useful for providing a way for a user to edit their user generated WP7 videos on the handset, before publishing to social media like youtube.
May 10 2012 at 11:24 PM
The help files are outdated and unaccurent, fowwowed them but after weeks cant make my fles to sho up, the examples work. the installation proces much improved.
Sep 13 2013 at 8:59 PM
What is the current status of the project? It seems haven't had updates for a while. Will it move to Codeplex finally?
Dec 24 2013 at 9:39 AM
Hi Mr Ezequiel Jadib,
I have deployed the video editor on iis, but I don't know how to load the video . The "Asset Browser" interface is always showing "Loading Media Library". Could you please help.....
Sign in to add a comment
Release 2.0 - Silverli...
Thu Apr 12 2012 at 7:00 AM
More Tags ...
Visual Studio 2005
Visual Studio 2008
Visual Studio 2010
Manage Your Profile
MSDN Flash Newsletter
© 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.