MSDN Archive Home
Help and FAQs
.NET Application Modeling Language (nAML) Specification and Tools
All Resource Updates
Change History (all pages)
Resource Page Description
nAML (.NET Application Modeling Language, pronounced as “namel”) is a visual modeling semantics to model .net applications with wide range of specific details. It contains extremely powerful visual notations and semantics to illustrate complex application components, processes and operations easily.
The primary objectives of nAML can be considered as follows:
• Provides a single space to visually describe one or more application systems with structural and behavioral components.
• Provides a single space to visually describe one or more application systems with logical and physical components.
• Provides a single space to visually describe one or more application systems from top to low level.
• Provides a single space to visually describe a part or whole of one or more application systems.
• Extremely simple and easy understand and learn from readers and designers perspective.
• Concentrates on .NET applications, with its related logical and physical entities (user interface, application logic, business logic, database etc).
Downloads: Quick link
Download the latest specification, examples and Visio 2003 Stencil for nAML tutorial from here:
Download Visio 2003 Stencil for nAML:
Read CodeProject Article about nAML:
Sep 12 2008 at 11:50 AM
, version 9
Sep 15 2008 at 9:48 AM
A nice and innovative work. i hope it wil be supported by everyone.
Sep 15 2008 at 9:55 AM
Nice.. easy to understand specially for the end user. Interesting contribution. Looking forward to see how this model meet the advance .Net approach.
Sep 16 2008 at 10:56 AM
Its a exceptional work. The pdf file is very usefull for begginer. The sql definition is a pleasant one. It is very impressive.
Sep 19 2008 at 7:15 PM
How does this tie in with Microsoft joining the OMG?
Sep 19 2008 at 11:21 PM
Microsoft is NOT related to this project with any regard. It is an open standard project provided by an individual.
Sign in to add a comment
nAML v1.0 (Beta 1)
Thu Sep 11 2008 at 7:00 AM
Related Resource Pages
Asp.Net Code Jet
Employee Info Starter Kit
Traceability Model in Layered Architecture
More Tags ...
Visual Studio 2005
Visual Studio 2008
Visual Studio 2010
Manage Your Profile
MSDN Flash Newsletter
© 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.